Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords not linking to Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In mine, Location is not shown. What can be done to link adword to my google business?

Kind regards

krishna

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: AdWords not linking to Google My Business

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Krishna p,

If and when everything mentioned above by @James_Clemens is in place, you are advised to click the upper Ad extensions tab, select Location extensions on the View drop-down and hit the large red +EXTENSION button. A small "Use locations from Google My Business" window will pop up as shown on the snip below.

Capture0maz3.JPG

Complete the email address field and send the request that should be accepted by the GMB account owner so as to grant you a link. The GMB location records will automatically populate your AdWords account in a day or two.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

In order for a location to show in location extensions in AdWords, you have to have access to the Google My Business listing. Do you own the listings, as it being your business? Are you using the same email for AdWords and Google My Business? Is the Google My Business listing newly created? What have you done to troubleshoot it so far?

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: AdWords not linking to Google My Business

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Krishna p,

If and when everything mentioned above by @James_Clemens is in place, you are advised to click the upper Ad extensions tab, select Location extensions on the View drop-down and hit the large red +EXTENSION button. A small "Use locations from Google My Business" window will pop up as shown on the snip below.

Capture0maz3.JPG

Complete the email address field and send the request that should be accepted by the GMB account owner so as to grant you a link. The GMB location records will automatically populate your AdWords account in a day or two.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate the suggestions, but I have done everything in the steps above. Neither account is new, I own them all, I use the same email, etc., but the pictured step "request a link" does not appear to me. I have worked with Google AdWords and Google My Business reps. Both sides say the problem is with the other, however, no one at AdWords "is familiar with" GMB, and vice versa. I attempted to work with support again Wednesday and was told the accounts are linked but for some reason they don't show. Supposedly the issue has been elevated again,  but someone was supposed to get back to me within 24 hours but that time has now been exceeded.... again. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd love the answer also....but since you have been waiting since May it doesn't look like I have much hope.