AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords automation tools (automated creation of campaigns)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm looking for AdWords automation tools which are usefull for e-commerce websites. My interest is in AdWords creation, so I can create a lot of targetted ads for groups of keywords.

So far I only found adCore, which can convert feed to AdWords.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords automation tools (automated creation of campaigns)

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

You should also look at the AdWords API, which lets you write programs to manipulate your AdWords account.  Lots of large e-commerce advertisers use it to create campaigns based on their product databases, pause ads when items aren't in stock, change bids based on performance, and so on.

Laura

AdWords engineer

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

Apart from the API, which I have not tried yet, the most successful set of tools (for me) was a combination of Excel / CSV export + AdWords Editor.

Automation though is somewhat limited, since there are many factors to take into account, most of all length constraints. Many times full product names are longer than 25 characters, which means you cannot use them as a headline in the original form, etc.

That was one of the reasons why I turned towards product listing ads, although you lose any keyword targetting possibilities with that.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you tried AdWords Editor?
Together with Excel it reaches a long way
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

You should also look at the AdWords API, which lets you write programs to manipulate your AdWords account.  Lots of large e-commerce advertisers use it to create campaigns based on their product databases, pause ads when items aren't in stock, change bids based on performance, and so on.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

Apart from the API, which I have not tried yet, the most successful set of tools (for me) was a combination of Excel / CSV export + AdWords Editor.

Automation though is somewhat limited, since there are many factors to take into account, most of all length constraints. Many times full product names are longer than 25 characters, which means you cannot use them as a headline in the original form, etc.

That was one of the reasons why I turned towards product listing ads, although you lose any keyword targetting possibilities with that.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.