Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Tips for Holiday Advertising - #2 - Make Ad Copy Seasonal

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

As searchers are querying our relevant Keywords they're going to look for Ads that speak directly to them.  As search marketers we must give in-market searchers a reason to click on our Ads.  By providing the right message to in-market shoppers we're likely to see increased Clicks, and hopefully Conversions.

AdWords Holiday Tip #2 - Make Ad Copy Seasonally Relevant

As I search for gifts to buy I often look for Ads that not only lead to pages that have what I'm looking for, but I also look for results that are going to benefit me - where can I get the best price, will my shipment arrive on time, how long is the promotion active for, etc.

Informing searchers of any kind of promotion, plus including delivery information in Ad Copy can be a great way to attract the right audience to click on your Ads and can hopefully lead to Conversions.  Searchers want to know all the information that is important to them as quickly as possible.  That's why a way to increase your Clicks and Conversions is to make your Ad Copy as relevant to the Holiday Season as possible.

Common ways to make Ad Copy stand out to Holiday shoppers could be to include:

• Pricing Promotions - Let searchers know when you have promotional pricing, especially if it's a deep discount that is likely to prompt a Conversion. 
  • Promotional Dates - If you're offering promotional pricing, let them know how long the promotion is going on for.  Sometimes creating a sense of urgency to shoppers will help convince them that now is the time to purchase.
  • Available In-Store? - Are you products only available online? or could a searchers also pick-up in-store.  As the Holidays get closer, shoppers will look to have products in-hand as immediate as possible.
  • Expected Delivery Dates - Shoppers need to know that if they make an order it'll arrive in time for them to give the gift.  Keep them updated on how long your products take to ship.
  • Inventory - Do you only have a limited quantity of products available?  If so, be sure to let searchers know if you're close to running out.  Again, creating a sense of urgency can help prompt searchers to convert.
  • Delivery Cut-off Times - Inform searchers of when they have to order by to ensure that their shipment will arrive before the Holidays.

As you're preparing your Campaigns for this year's Holiday Season, consider making your Ad Copy more "seasonally" relevant - your shoppers will thank you for it.

Re: AdWords Tips for Holiday Advertising - #2 - Make Ad Copy Seasonal

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Good tips Brian!!