Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Search Queries (GA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been using within the GA the option for AdWords Search Queries. This has been very useful to understand the search queries that have been driving sales/traffic etc. However recently the sessions/users numbers don't equal value from the overall campaign/adgroup. For example the graph might display a total value of 242 users/sessions. While in the detailed Matched Search Query report I get a total value of 37. There are no filters etc applied to this report.

I have never had this problem in the past. It is only been the last couple of days that this happened.

Any help would be appreciated! Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Search Queries (GA)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Daniel,

There are generally discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics data, especially between clicks and visits as they are not equal.

Take a look a this page and see if any of these scenarios make sense for the data you're reviewing, also with reporting delays etc...'today' metrics may also be off.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: AdWords Search Queries (GA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

I know there has always been a difference between GA and Adwords. But what I don't understand within the Matched Search Query report I can't see the keywords I'm bidding on. For example I'm bidding on "Keyword X" at $1.20 a click. But that keyword isn't being reported. I can see it if I use the Keyword Reports. But I can't see the real search query eg(Keyword X cheap, Keyword X discount etc). In the past I could see all activity.

It seem very strange.

Regards,

Daniel