6.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Saying 32 Clicks, Website Shows Only 13

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords is claiming that I have received 32 clicks and two phone calls.  I have not received any phone calls and I have an analytics program on my website that shows I only received 13 clicks from any google related engine.  Why such a vast difference?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Krys G,

As for the phone calls, this can happen from the completed conversion or action of the phone call being completed (without your phone actually ringing). Google can not hear your phone ring or know whether or not it does... just that the action of calling has taken place. This can include someone clicking on a call only ad.

Now, with website analytics, Google analytics and AdWords metrics... there are typically mismatches. And some can be more than the others, depending on how new the data is, what it being tracked and how it is being measured. 

I am a web developer and badged Google Partners agency that has designed websites in HTML/CSS since the late 1990's and I have never seen different analytical data from difference sources match. Please know that I am not a Google employee in any capacity, so my answer in from my experience, not a canned response to deflect click discrepancies.  

Are you using server analytics in the C Panel of your website hosting? Or are you using a WordPress plugin? Or are you using Google Analytics?

If you would like to provide the program you are using, campaign types and more details, we could discuss this further... or if I can help further, please just let me know. 

All the Best,

James  

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Follow @James_Clemens Explantion @Krys G Cheers !