AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Keyword Score – VS – Google Organic Search Position.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to understand why in a normal situation (no Site Messages or any other SEO issues) such a big difference between AdWords Keyword Score and Google Organic Search Position would exist.

As an example I use my site and one of the best matching/performing keyword:

Site URL: http://unlocked-phone-nyc.com/

Keyword – 8/10 score: “unlocked phones New York”

Google Webmaster – Query: “unlocked phones New York” – Avg. Position – 35

So, in my case I have fairly narrow targeted page and narrow targeted keywords/query and I am consistently showing on top of a first page for my AdWords campaign (for this keyword) but my site is nowhere to be found in Google Organic Search (the same keyword). Again, everything in Google Webmaster is clean – no issues.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Keyword Score – VS – Google Organic Search Position.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Here you are straight "from the horse's mouth:"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello

Adwords and Organic ranking are two different mathematical  algorithms. They are not connected / related,  and they do  not affect each other;

While in Adwords we know (in good approximation) the ranking formula and its components using the ad rank  formula/ calculation,  in organic ranking only the principles of the algorithm are published.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"They are not connected / related" - is obviously not correct because at least they exclude each other. I checked other sites showing in adWords area for keyword “unlocked phones New York” and they are not present in "Organic" search results (I scrolled up to 10 pages).
These are sites I checked:
www.myworldphone.com
www.everbuying.com
www.walmart.com
Also, when I saw www.walmart.com in "Organic" search results - it was not present in adWords section.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
As said, Adwords, and organic ranking are two separate systems, with two different algorithms used- NOT connected/ linked.
Any "tests" / "experiments" that show different results - is by coincidence.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anybody else has an opinion?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I have a same understanding as Moshe! Thanks Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha. Could you attach a screen-shot where the same site/URL in Google search results would be shown in adWords section and “Organic” search section simultaneously?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shpola,

Moshe and Neha are correct when they say that Adwords and Organic are different.

Could not attach a screenshot but did a couple of keyword searches where same website appeared in both adwords and organic listing.

Searched "michelin tyres usa" and found www.michelinman.com in both adwords and organic listing.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Here you are straight "from the horse's mouth:"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe, Abhishek.
I confirm example with "michelin tyres usa". Cannot say that I am totally convinced but at least I've got some reasonable answers.