1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Holiday Optimization Tips

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee
Hello, and happy holidays! I have a few holiday optimization tips for you to be successful on AdWords this season. 
  • Use holiday keywords.  Be sure to update your keywords and include anything about your business that is seasonal and seasonal promotions.  ex: holiday sale, holiday deal, free shipping, 
  • Be sure to highlight any promotions or sales you have going in your AdText and in your Sitelinks.  ex: Free Shipping, Save 30%
  • Set up a PLA campaign and a Google Merchant Feed to get your products eligible to show on Google Shopping results.
  • Make sure you keep an eye on your bids and budget.  Competition may increase during this busy season, and you don't want to loose traffic because your bids and budget were capped. 
  • And keep the campaigns running all the way through the holidays and through January, because a lot of people do their shopping through the holidays and after the holidays. 
If you have any thoughts or questions about holiday optimization tips, respond to this thread. Good luck!
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Holiday Optimization Tips

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi, AndreaXu and thanks for these good ideas!

What I wanted to add is--it's not just shopping, it's shipping.  

If you're running special deals--free shipping on orders over a set dollar amount or upgrades to 2-day shipping for the cost of ground shipping or anything like that, be sure to showcase it in your ads. The closer we get to the end of the holiday season, the more attractive that kind of offer is going to look to customers.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I would expect that holiday keywords would be highly competitive (and therefore expensive) right now. Is that actually the case?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

And you can use GDN for your campaigns. I think it's important to find interesting and holiday placements using "Placement Tool".

Or you can find placements for cross-selling. For example, you sell holiday costumes. You need to search websites about holiday entertainment ("christmas party themes").

Sergey