Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Cross Account Conversion and Google Analytics Total conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

On JAN 2014 I have implemented Cross Account conversion tracking for my AdWords MCC clients and I have monitored its performce as well. But while comparing the leads/conversion with Google analytics, its is noted that, each AdWords account shows double number of connversions than Analytics. And total number of conversions showing a very big difference. Since they all the landing pages have single Thank-You page, cross account conversion script has been implemented into this.

Please see that attached screenshots below,

AdWords cross Account conversion Overview,

Crossaccountconversions.jpg

Google Analytics CPC conversion overview,

GAnalytics conversion.jpg

So I'm notr sure whether the Cross Account conversion has been working fine for me. Could you guys please help me to find what the issue here and how can I solve this?

Thanks!

Re: AdWords Cross Account Conversion and Google Analytics Total conver

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

In your both images you are referring regarding number of conversions (basically a huge lag between the two). But to my knowledge i think both the platforms are very different.

As far as i know Adwords records many per conversions to the conversion window set like 30,60 or 90 days so for instance if a person buys 1 item today and then buys 2 more after a week then total number of conversions are counted as 3 this is recorded with the help of cookie which is stored on the users PC. But when it comes to analytics the transaction will be recorded is the first purchase and not the other two becuase analytics records the data in real time. So, i think this may be one of the reason why the total number of conversions are more in Adwords than in Analytics.

Frank (Not Sinatra)

Re: AdWords Cross Account Conversion and Google Analytics Total conver

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆