6.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Competition

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Any Ideas to compete with rich rivals ? Their keywords always higher me.  

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Competition

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi KhanhLa

It depends on your market/industry - But one tactic could be to avoid the broades of terms (the most generic terms) and instead focus your efforts/money on smaller niche areas of your business especially the areas which are generating the highest value for your company (the most sign-ups, most sale etc.)

Eg. are you a retailer and have prices on some of your items that are lower than the competion then focus on these areas or if you can deliver faster then focus on these products.

Have you tried the different matchtypes or looked into differentiating your ads for different devices (mobile, tablet, desktop.) this can give you a little edge over the competition.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jonas,

But I try all match types, devices, locations.... But my competitor always higher me. That make me crazy.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

But how is your performance compared to the money spend - being highest dosen't always mean you get the most sales or the better trafic..

How is your campaigns structured - are you running 1 campaign with a lot of ad groups or have you made your adwords structure a lot more detailed reflecting your site more? In my experience a more detailed structure often gives a better oversight of which areas are performing well and which should be downsized/paused. Which can also help show which areas you could push harder towards higher rankings by adjusting the bids or creating better QS

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

"being highest dosen't always mean you get the most sales or the better trafic.." Yes Jonas, Yes!

Out spending your competitors for the same return is not "winning" in my book. Smiley Happy

Tom

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

From a non structural point of view the key things that have worked for me in the past are differentiating yourself from your competitors.

The best way to do this is to think about what your customers want and how you can fulfill this service better than anyone else. Is it free P+P, price matching, flexible payment methods etc.

If you can add value to your proposition and put this into your ads then you'll begin to stand out, people will click on your ads (and convert if you follow through) and you'll gain some ground.

The key for me is not to follow what the competitors do but focus on your business and what makes your business the best option for people to come to.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kane

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I totally agree with Kane - the more value you can add to your ad texts should make your products/services more "appealable" which would benefit your Quality Score hence your ability to compete with higher ranking competitors.

But I also think the structural point of view is important to remember as QS is based on the combined relevance of the keyword, ad text and landing page. Your structure should make it as easy for you as possible to create this correlation. For instance keywords aimed at 'low priced..." could be one ad group, "cheap.." could be a second ad group and so on herby giving you the opportunity to make ad texts also highlighting these features. But don't forget the other value propositions as Kane also mentions.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
KhanhLa,

How much higher?

Using ad extensions like sitelikes (you need top positions for that)

Have you tried bidding up and going more toe to toe with these other advertisers? Might be worth it...

How's the CTR looking? If you can make some progress with improving the click through rate you may in turn be able to get your quality score up some and therefore your ad rank may improve without a bid increase.

Just some ideas....

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all, 

I know dificult to win my competitors who have a lot of money and experts.  I need notice to Quality Score instead of increasing bid. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like a good idea - start working on the content of your ads to increase your CTR. Hopefully you will be more competitive some day in close future.