Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Callout Extension

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been creating many callout extensions that are on my account level, so they are going on all of the ads I have created. As you can imagine, while brainstorming ideas for callouts, I thought of some that have the same idea but are worded differently. I was wondering if AdWords has the ability to group callouts so that they do not show up under the same ad. What I really want to do is compare the performance of these callouts in the same group so I can which ones work the best. 

So, is there a way to test different copies of the same message without risking duplication? In other words, how can I be sure that my copy is the best copy it can be without testing it against other versions that are in the same ad?

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

-Scott
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Callout Extension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
AdWords allows you to test various ad-copies, but not extensions, The reason is that you have no control when any extension appears and whether alone or in addition to another extension. Hence the statistical analysis could be biased.
I use in all my campaigns "generic" formats of call extensions.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’