Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Auto-Tagging and MailChimp/Netsuite

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My workflow is Adwords ➡️ Gravity Forms ➡️ MailChimp ➡️ Netsuite.

I can have Auto-Tagging turned on so I can capture the gclid in the form and pass it down the line.

My question is, how and where do I decode it in my workflow? I want to attached the UTM parameters (Source, Campaign, Terms... etc) to my lead.

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jimmy L
January 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jimmy L

I think the path of least resistance here is to manually tag your destination URLs.  Each gclid is going to be unique because it includes time stamp info. I think gclids are base64, and even then there are more layers to it. Not saying it can't be done, but deciphering it should prove difficult.  Again, I think the time/effort it takes to manually tag would be considerably less.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jimmy L
January 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jimmy L

I think the path of least resistance here is to manually tag your destination URLs.  Each gclid is going to be unique because it includes time stamp info. I think gclids are base64, and even then there are more layers to it. Not saying it can't be done, but deciphering it should prove difficult.  Again, I think the time/effort it takes to manually tag would be considerably less.