1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad rotation: optimize for conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have experience with using Ad rotation - optimize for conversion? What are your best practices? I used to set up rotate evenly but I read recently in some blog that optimizing for conversion is a better solution. I will be greatful to hear more opinions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad rotation: optimize for conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kamila,

In terms of Optimize for Conversions, AdWords is going to show that ad copy more often, which is expected to drive good amount of conversions for the account.

What you should be doing in general is initially start with Ad Rotate evenly and once you gather data, where you know that out of different variation of ad copies, there are some which are performing excellent in terms of conversions, you can shift your ad rotation setting to Optimize for Conversions. Doing this would help in gaining momentum for your conversions and those ad copies that converted well in the past will be shown more often.

Read more about Ad Rotation settings here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes, thank you!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kamila k,

although +pankaj1782 answered your question, here are some points from my experience:

1. Start with the recommended CPA (Target CPA) at a 10-20% higher level then recommended. Sometimes, my conversion suffers a drop when changing to CPA bidding.

2. There is a minimum requirement of 15 conversions in the last 30 days. I would suggest to use CPA bidding when having 30 conversions in the last 15 days.

3. I'm a control freak and use rotate evenly more often then CPA bidding. My advise - test them both for a while and after 100 conversions decide what is better for you.

UPDATE:

I received two questions how to test CPA bidding vs. Rotate evenly, simultaneously. Create two identical campaigns with different Bid strategies and use Basic Ad scheduling options - one campaign on odd, the other on even hours (or even half hours or 15 min). Change the campaign Ad schedule among campaigns every week (odd / even hours).
The bid modification is unavailable when using CPA biding, but basic scheduling is possible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your advice. I like a specially the tip about 30 conversions. I
also had a feeling that i start when I have more than required minimum of

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And what about DSA Campaings? Would you use CPA bidding there?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Testing is the best Answer / Master Smiley Happy

YES