AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad postition 3 and 4

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i  have been told that ad position 3 and 4 are the best coz they are cheaper and they get more clicks or rather quality clicks (avoiding click happy people) is there a way to ensure you get either position 3 or 4? for the search network?

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author volunteer c
September 2015

Re: Ad postition 3 and 4

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I have never been able to understand the"race" towards the top positions... My view:  set your goal based on ROI.

I, personally, like to "target" the 3 top positions, since these can include sitelinks. Within the 3 top positions, - I don't think that it matters much whether you are 1 or 3rd....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Volunteer,

In order to increase the better positions you need to improve Quality score of the keywords, that will help to reduce your avg CPC.

Basically Quality score depends on the following Factors.

1.) Your Keywords CTR
2.) Your account History
3.) Ad copy Display URL CTR.
4.) Relevancy of the ad Copy with the keywords.
4.) Geographic Location past performance
5.) targeting Device

This the major factors that will impact your Quality score.

Learn More about the Quality Score:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Volunteer,

Welcome to the adwords CommunitySmiley Happy
Sorry, there is no any method that can ensure that you get only Position 3 and 4.
i am not sure that you will get the quality leads at these position.

But you can try to find which positions is best for you and try to optimize your campaigns accordingly

If you have Google Analytics account and Adwords is linked with GA.

Go to the "Traffic Source"> then go to the "Advertising">Adwords>Keywords Positions.

That will give you the Exact potions of the keywords where you are getting the Clicks.

But Adwords gives you the Avg positions of the impression only not the click.

So through GA you can see which positions is best for you.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
from your experience in different industries, which position gives you quality leads?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I have never been able to understand the"race" towards the top positions... My view:  set your goal based on ROI.

I, personally, like to "target" the 3 top positions, since these can include sitelinks. Within the 3 top positions, - I don't think that it matters much whether you are 1 or 3rd....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
am not a fan of top position either, just wanted to know if there is a better position with a lower CPC
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Volunteer,

In order to increase the better positions you need to improve Quality score of the keywords, that will help to reduce your avg CPC.

Basically Quality score depends on the following Factors.

1.) Your Keywords CTR
2.) Your account History
3.) Ad copy Display URL CTR.
4.) Relevancy of the ad Copy with the keywords.
4.) Geographic Location past performance
5.) targeting Device

This the major factors that will impact your Quality score.

Learn More about the Quality Score:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en