AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad position

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I had a campg. which is targeting New delhi +other few cites, then my ad position was between 1.7 - 2.7, but now i have made another camp. where i am targeting other cites only, while in old camp. i am targeting New Delhi only, but my avg. position for New delhi campg. has decreased from 2.7 to 3.3.

Can any suggest me what to do,

Pl help me

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad position

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

The initial ad position of 1.7 - 2.7 was an average of your ad positions in all cities including Delhi.

In reality your average position may have been lower in Delhi but it was looking better due to higher positioned ads in other cities.

Usually competition for ad spaces is higher in metros like Delhi.

You can

1. Increase the bids in Delhi campaign so the average position of the ads improve.

2. Optimize the campaigns (choose profitable keywords/math types, write highly targeted ads, use proper negative keywords......) for better CTR and quality score. Improving the quality score will help you to get higher ad positions and lower your average CPC in the long run.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404196

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Mr. Deepak Thank you very much for replying my post , but the keyword Quality score was more earlier, so my less bidding will also made my position higher

Now, Quality score have also decreased in my old camp.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

Your Quality Score(QS) has impacted because you have removed some other city,as QS also depends on the Location Targeting, and if you change the location in the campaigns, your QS Score will be impacted.

Here is the detail factors that determines your QS.

1.) Keyword CTR.

2.) Your Account past performance

3.) Relevancy of the Ad Copy with CTR and Landing page.

4.) Geographical Targeting

5.) Device Targeting

6.) Display Url Past CTR.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Jeewan,

Rakesh has given a very valid point.

Also, please check the CTR if your Delhi campaign, has it reduced after the changes?

That can also have an impact on your CTR.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There has been a change in how quality scores are reported in all accounts. Now people rarely see 10/10 which have become 8/10 or 7/10, but this shouldn't affect your avg. cpc. as it is just a decrease of reported QS for everybody, the change is global.

This change was discussed here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Community-lounge/Ad-relevance-suddenly-changed-to-Below-aver...