AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing because ad already showing for keyword -Another creative in the ad group was selected

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have an account where the keywords showing duplicate but my all keywords match type is Phrase. My question is how can it possible?

Also from some keywords my ads are not triggering and showing given message.

1. Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score.
2. Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one.

Quality Score - 8

PFA:

Please resolve my issue and suggest me appropriate solution.

2016-04-19_131612.jpg

2016-04-19_125215.jpg

2016-04-19_132240.jpg

Thanks,
Pavan

Re: Ad not showing because ad already showing for keyword -Another creative in the ad group was sele

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Simple and sweet suggestions are :

Optimize your landing page, ad groups and ad copies to increase Ad Rank. Of-course increase BID as well.
Delete duplicate keywords and segment match types of keywords.
Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Re: Ad not showing because ad already showing for keyword -Another creative in the ad group was sele

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Virendra,

Thanks for your response.

My all keywords match type is Phrase and according to definition of Phrase Match Keyword.

"Phrase match lets a keyword trigger your ad to show only when someone searches for your exact keyword phrase, or close variations of your exact keyword phrase, with potentially other words before or after that phrase. "

For example, when you add "adopt a kitten" as a phrase match keyword, you tell AdWords to try to show your ad only when someone's search includes "adopt a kitten" or close variations of "adopt a kitten" such as "how to adopt a kitten" or "how to adopt a kiten."

1. Queries My Ad Won't Show Against:

'Chevy Corvette'
'Corvette Chevy'

Above keywords are duplicate.

2. But My question is the following keywords segment are also duplicate?

'Chevy Corvette C7'
'C7 Corvette Chevy'
'Chevy C7 Corvette'

Please suggest me.

Thanks,
Pavan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan Rai
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pavan,

I have also faced this issue in the past and have talked with support team regarding this. Your keyword match type is not an issue of getting such type of error. I think its a common error message which may be shown by AdWords for any type of keyword.  If you really want to see if your ad is running for that particular keyword then do the following things.

1) Go to your concern campaign.ads not running.jpg

2) Go to your particular ad groups for which keywords you are getting that error message.

3) Go to ads that want to check for that particular keyword. Click on the ad status column (I think your ad status column would be Approved). When you click on that you will see an option in the bubble where you can type your that particular keyword for which you are getting that error message and then click on Test Again button. When you did that at that time you can see that your ad's status as running. That means your ads are also running for that particular keyword for which you are working and getting that error message.

For your reference I have also attached the screenshot.

I hope it will clear your all doubts.

Best Regard

Om Thankur