5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing and other ad at bottom of results page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi-- My bids for my keywords are high enough to be eligible to show on the first page of a search result, but they are not showing... in fact, I could click through 20 search result pages and it will be the same company's ad on every page. How can I get my ad to appear? Also, for a couple of my other keywords, my ad is the only ad to show but it is shown at the bottom of the first page of the search results. How can I get it to show at the top or top right? Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad not showing and other ad at bottom of results page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In order to strive for the top ad position (which every advertiser dreams of), there is a minimum threshold in terms of Quality Score and bid which you are competing for. As you know that it's only 3 ads which can be shown on top above the natural search engine results, so Google evaluates the ad rank based on the relevancy, quality and your bid and the advertisers who achieve the highest are shown on top. It's not that you cannot achieve it, but you will have to really optimize your campaigns so well and maintain high standards so that you get eligible.

Read this article for more insights: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722087?hl=en&

For the second part, I believe that Google keeps on testing your ad position sometimes on top, right side and sometimes in the bottom. Also, if there are enough advertisers bidding for the keywords, then only the competition is considered and you get a chance to show ad may be on top or on right side.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome;

In addition to Pankaj's answer; as for the second part of your question check also this discussion:

why is my add displayed at the bottom of the page and not at the top?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

bob
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
bob
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just want to make sure you are not a non profit, Google Grant, account?   Reason is Google has now moved those ads to bottom of page so no matter what you bidding etc. you will still end up there even if your ad is most relevant to the searcher.

Not really good for the searcher. 

If not a Grantee then you might consider changing your keyword format from a "broad match" to "phrase match" ( use "'s) around the term.   Often the use of phrase or exact match can trigger your ad being more relevant and therefore technically more on target for the searcher, even though bid not as high.  

Hope this helps you. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Pink!

This goes with pankaj reply, make sure you are not logged in to your google account or make sure you have 'hide personal results' clicked on.

But I would say checking it by hand is not best way of doing this.  There is an Adwords Script that is great for exactly checking postion over time.

ComputerBob

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi pink, checking your Ads "by hand" is definitely a bad idea; it's quite likely that what you're seeing is nothing like what other searchers are seeing.

Although many people find it hard to do so, you should really rely upon the data being presented to you in your own Adwords account.  In terms of discovering the frequency with which your Ad is shown on the top of search results, you'd probably find the "Top vs Other" segmentation - built right into Adwords - very useful.

You can read up on using Segmentation to analyse Ad position here.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

keywords aren’t working, ad not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my keywords say ‘not showing (other) and Analysis says 'your ad isn't showing for this keyword right now. There are a number of reasons why this happens.'  

It doesn't tell me why or what to do about it. 

It's for a preschool and should be lots of use. 

What does this mean?

Nancy