4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not displaying.- Low quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm stumped. I've got an ad with relevant keywords, leading to a relevant page, with NO COMPETITORS, and still my ads do not display. This is pretty ridiculous.

My keywords are "wedding stop motion" and "stop motion wedding"

My ad is:

It leads to this page: http://chasingsummerphoto.com/portfolio/moving-pictures/

The page is all about wedding stop motion films. Still I'm just getting a 2/10 score. I can't understand what I could possibly do to improve it. Is there any way I can even find out why Google won't take my money?

Regards, Antony

Re: Ad not displaying.- Low quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, I forgot to mention that the ad originally did show - at $1 cost, then I had to raise to $1.50 DESPITE NO COMPETING ADVERTISERS and now it will not display at all. Why is this the case? just because no-one clicked my ad?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi ChasingSummer,

As I analyze google don’t think that words “stop” and "motion" is related to your landing page  for more detail see image given below.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5200/picture12s.jpg

Regards

-Vicky

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Antony,

There might be other reasons why your ads are not being displayed. AdWords provides you a simple way to check that. You can follow these steps for the same:

• The ad groups for which your ads are not displayed, go on the keywords. On the keywords tab, the status will show you a speech bubble. Hover over the speech bubble and you will be able to see if your ads are not being displayed and the reason for the same.
  • Within the keyword tab of this ad group, go on 'More Actions' and run a keyword diagnosis via 'Diagnose Keywords'. Once the diagnosis is run, AdWords give you the detail analysis for each keyword and the diagnosis result.

With the above two steps, you will be able to pin point to the exact reason why your ads are not being displayed. Once you know the reason, you can rectify the same.

Hope this helps you.

-Neeti

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi ChasingSummer,

One more thing is that your landing page having some content that is banned by court. I think these is the link of a torrent.

These msg shown on your website have a look on it. May be this affect your side content.

Access to this site has been blocked as per Court Orders

Regards

-Vicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vicky,

I've checked the site and I can't see anything like that.  There's certainly no torrent there. Where did you see the message?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vicky - ok so google don't actually recognise that there is such a thing as stop motion wedding films? That's why it's not showing. Go figure. Well I suppose that they don't get any money from me then. Thanks for your help!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you tried following my advice?

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neeti, yes and all I am getting is that my ad lacks relevance - presumably because Google doesn't understand that my particular offering is different to every other wedding filmmaker. It analyses my site and just sees wedding videography and photography relevance. I don't want to advertise for that. I want to advertise for stop motion wedding films. It's a VERY specific area. Google cant seem to work that out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, if there are no ads at all being displayed by anyone, why would I need to get additional relevance even to get it shown?