3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad location Below-the-fold on CPC bidding

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Should i exclude Ad location Below-the-fold if im running campaigns on CPC basis?

Will having ads below the fold decrease CTR, decrease quality score and increase CPC?

If i were to test Below-the-fold vs above-the-fold is there a report that shows 1 vs the other?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad location Below-the-fold on CPC bidding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,

Please read through an earlier thread about this subject below. You will find some excellent advice there.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Thoughts-about-excluding-Below-the-Fold-...

Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I saw that link but it still does not answer these questions

Will having ads below the fold decrease CTR, decrease quality score and increase CPC?

If i were to test Below-the-fold vs above-the-fold is there a report that shows 1 vs the other?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Eric,

Negative, it won't affect QS. The algorithms in charge of calculating Quality Score will factor in that lower ad positions accrue fewer clicks. (CTR will of course decrease a bit.)

Find the SEGMENT drop-down tab at the top of your table and select the menu item Top vs Other. The Top row will show you how your ads perform when they display above search results. As for the Other row, just consider that right hand ads were retired a few weeks ago.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos,

For If i were to test Below-the-fold vs above-the-fold is there a report that shows 1 vs the other?
I should have mentioned that this is for GDN not search.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric K
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,

Google killed right-hand ads as of Feb 22. Hence if your time period starts after that date the above segmentation will do the job for you no matter if it is the Search Network or the GDN, or both. (That's because below-the-fold ads are typically under the search results.)

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Did Google remove below menu item. Im not seeing it in drop down, see link

Find the SEGMENT drop-down tab at the top of your table and select the menu item Top vs Other. The Top row will show you how your ads perform when they display above search results. As for the Other row, just consider that right hand ads were retired a few weeks ago.

http://screencloud.net/v/c72x