AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad is not showing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I will give you the scenario,

Supppose,

I have 2 keywords say abc & bcd. Both are in different ad groups say AdG1  & AdG 2  resp. There is only one ad having title bc in AdG1. Now, the problem is both the keywords triggering the same ad and the ad is not showing. How should I solve this issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay K
October 2015

Re: Ad is not showing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

@Rakesh Kumar has already advised you the right way to avoid conflicts from happening. Alternatively, you can also use Modified Broad Match to stay more targeted.

AdGroup One = +artificial +turf

Adgroup two = +artificial +turf +grass

Even in this scenario, you will need to use negatives as Rakesh advised. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

It would be helpful for us to understand the scenario if you could elaborate it a bit more with example of keywords. Are you using the same ad texts in both the adgroup? Are those keywords similar? There are several questions like this to understand your query in a better way. A bit more elaboration would be helpful.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Keyword 1 - Artificial turf : Ad Group1
Keyword 2 - Artificial turf for grass: Ad Group2

Ad title:- Artificial turf
now whenever I go to that ad and check the status, a pop up comes showing the message: This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword:

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

It seems that you are using the broad match type keywords in both ad groups. So, I would suggest you to add grass as a negative in ad group 1. and add [Artificial turf] (exact match) as negative in ad group 2. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay K
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

@Rakesh Kumar has already advised you the right way to avoid conflicts from happening. Alternatively, you can also use Modified Broad Match to stay more targeted.

AdGroup One = +artificial +turf

Adgroup two = +artificial +turf +grass

Even in this scenario, you will need to use negatives as Rakesh advised. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Ratan/Rakesh:
Thanks for the advice.