AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad groups without any traffic and almost no conversions: delete or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community,

I have a couple of ad groups without almost any traffic (and, thus, conversions). I think this is a consequence of a low search volume. I was wondering: is it better to delete these ad groups? Do ad groups without any traffic lead to a worse quality of the overall campaign or do these ad group have a negative effect?

Kind regards,

Genya

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Genya V
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Genya,

If the keywords are of low search volume, ideally you have 2 options:-

1. Wait for the keywords till their status becomes eligible and your ad start showing for this terms.

2. You simply pause those keywords (if you have tried them for a longer period of time) and add some another variations which have good monthly search volume in order to be in the competition and reach target audiences for what they are looking for.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Genya V
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Genya,

If the keywords are of low search volume, ideally you have 2 options:-

1. Wait for the keywords till their status becomes eligible and your ad start showing for this terms.

2. You simply pause those keywords (if you have tried them for a longer period of time) and add some another variations which have good monthly search volume in order to be in the competition and reach target audiences for what they are looking for.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj1782,

Thanks for your reply.

And how does it work for ad groups? If an ad group has almost no impressions (and conversions), is it better to pause the whole ad group (if you can't see any optimizations)?

Kind regards,

Genya