AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad group getting 0 impressions ...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all. I created a campaign and using a customer match list and targeted just Gmail. This is working fine but not getting many clicks.

I now want to greatly increase the number of people who see my Gmail ads so I created a new Ad group and copied over my ads from the other ad group. I set display targeting at about ~50 keywords (not the customer match list in this ad group) but for 4 days it's been getting 0 impressions.

I then tried adding a topic and left it for 24 hours but still 0 impressions.

I've called Google Adwords support but they have not been able to help at all. Just small tweaks and then telling me to leave it for 24 hours. I really can't afford to keep this running with 0 impressions because this budget needs to be spent by the end of the month!

I've not reverted to just targeting topics in this Ad group and it says it should have 100-500k impression per week. Though I doubt I'll see any impressions. anyone to suggest anything?

targeting.JPGMy targeting

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ginjarou
August 2016

Re: Ad group getting 0 impressions ...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
As soon as I removed all keywords and JUST used topics it began working almost instantly. I don't know why the 50 keywords I had just refused it to work, some were quite specific where as others were quite broad.

I had also changed from manual CPC to automated optmised for clicks. Though my topics are quite broad and may not get as many 'Gmail clicks to website', there are a lot more clicks being made and the budget is being spent.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello @Ginjarou

Did you try display network keyword targeting? 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Did you try increasing the cpc further?

Robin

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kieh,

I will request you to first check whether your ads are approved or not. If they are approved, then there are mainly two reasons for zero impressions:

• Low Ad-rank:  It may happen that the targeting you are using is highly competitive.So, you should bid bit higher to get a good rank.
  •  Niche Targeting: Although 50 keywords seems to be pretty much broad targeting but it may happen that most of your keywords are not much common. I would request you to use some more broad keywords if that's the case.  
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ginjarou
August 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
As soon as I removed all keywords and JUST used topics it began working almost instantly. I don't know why the 50 keywords I had just refused it to work, some were quite specific where as others were quite broad.

I had also changed from manual CPC to automated optmised for clicks. Though my topics are quite broad and may not get as many 'Gmail clicks to website', there are a lot more clicks being made and the budget is being spent.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kiel,

You have probably selected 'Target and Bid' option while adding topic in the targeting which means that ads will only show when both of these targeting are present for a user.

Removing keywords, broadened your targeting hence you start getting impressions Smiley Happy

More on Bid Vs Target bid: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks very much!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You are welcome Smiley Happy