Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad format is misleading

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just spent $4500 in the last 30 days on a Call Only campaign in which I got 85 clicks and only 25 calls. I believe it is because the ad format is confusing- the consumer cannot distinguish between a call only ad and an ad that brings one to the website. I have seen two different ad formats for the Call Only ads- one format makes it very clear that if you click on the CALL button you will be making a phone call- the other format without the CALL button is confusing and based on my last month results people don't understand that clicking will result in another prompt to make a call.

I have spoken to many of the Ad Words Reps about this issue and I'm not getting a straight answer from anybody. First they said the CALL button ads were from Google My Business then I showed them the ads and they admitted they were Adwords ads - but said it was something the ad design team handles.

Why can I not have the ads that work best for my business? Neil Redmond 646-285-7115

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad format is misleading

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Cornelius R, please kindly remove your ID # from above, for reasons associated with your security.

Lakatos

Ad format is misleading

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Cornelius, sorry to hear you're having frustration with your AdWords campaign and call-only ads. 

Per @Lakatos you should remove your phone # from your posting ASAP, this is a page setting on the www and it may be harvested for malicious purposes.

With AdWords, you are in totally control of your own spending so if you've spent $4,500 that's on you, not someone else. There's a very clear contract that spells all that out, which you have to enter into before running ads. 

Call only ads work in some situations, not others.  imho they are only a marginally effective tool and have to be used quite cautiously.  The charge occurs when the ad is clicked on, whether a call is placed or not.  Call only ads are one of those things that sounds "great in concept", but the idea does not necessarily translate into practice except in certain campaigns and niche markets.  We do not have access to your account and cannot handle financial issues, business issues, or speak for Google.

If you have specific technical AdWords questions, feel free to post and we'll try to assist.  Keep in mind you are not reaching Google here; this is a peer-to-peer support forum populated by fellow AdWords advertisers.

hth

Ad format is misleading

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why are you wasting your words and time writing that type of scolding email back to me? It is a bit bizarre and totally unhelpful!

Ad format is misleading

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Cornelius R;

Well... This is a public forum.... Once you have posted your concern(s) here, everyone is entitled to share  his / her opinion and comment.. This is the goal of a community.  The answers posted are not always  what one would expect,  but other users facing the same issue, might find it helpful..

As for the email notifications you receive: Once you open a discussion, you are automatically subscribed to notifications by email. (You can unsubscribe)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’