AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad for single products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - apologies if this has been discussed before, I searched and did not find anything.

I am managing the AdWords campaign for a large webstore having 800+ products, related to exercise and fitness (clothes, supplements, equipment). Until now the campaign has been based on brands and product categories. 

However, I am planning to expand the campaign such that it has a single ad for each product, with an individual URL - such that if a person searches for Product Name A by Brand B they will get a very specific ad linking to exactly this product, and not a general category as is now.

Of course, with 800+ products this is a very time-consuming job do to manually, so I am wondering if anyone have experience with this type of campaigns and how to set up and monitor the ads efficiently. My current plan is to export the sitemap with all product URL and extract keyword from the product titles, and setting the ads to show a dynamic keyword specific headline.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad for single products

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi There,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Yes, having individual ads for each product is going to be much more time consuming according. But there are better ways...

How about using Dynamic Search Ads? You can set targets only to products pages and can exclude generic and category pages. Of course, you will need to find its possibility with your website's current URL structure and the organic index status. 

You can also use Shopping Campaigns if not already using. It will allow you to show more relevant ads to users' search queries. 

My two cents. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.