Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad copy experiment in ACE

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I wish to experiment with ad copies in one of my ad groups, how that can be done?

Do I need to replace the existing ad copy with the new one? Or I can have two copies running at the same time?

Re: Ad copy experiment in ACE

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Kapil,
Yes, you can have two different Ad Copies running at the same time.
You can do this one of two ways -
1. Adding two different pieces of your Ad Copy to your Ad Group and having the Ad Rotation setting in Campaign Settings set to Rotate Evenly - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en
2. Setting up AdWords Campaign Experiments - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383

Depends on your overall goals and how you want to review results, but I'd probably set up an AdWords Campaign Experiment.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi vkore91,

Thanks for your feedback. So I just to need to create one more text ad within the ad group and rotate both the ads evenly, right?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Kapil,
Yes, you can do this way. The issue with this way is that you're going to have to manually track your results from the date when they both started competing against each other. I'd suggest AdWords Campaign Experiments because the results and how they're reported should be a little cleaner.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
So you mean to say, I should pause the existing ad copy and create a new one? or is there any other way to do it?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Kapil,
If you're just creating a new Ad against an existing Ad, no, you don't need to pause the existing.

First, go to your Campaign Settings and set up an AdWords Campaign Experiment. Then, go to your Ad Group where you want to change, and add a new Ad and click on the Experiment box.

Then, go back to Campaign Settings and turn on the Campaign Experiment.

To see your Campaign Experiments - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375390?hl=en&ref_topic=3123045

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
So do I need to make any rotation changes to keep both the ads running? Or there is no need to make any rotation settings? So my both the ads will continue to run till the experiment date reaches, right?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kapil Mudholkar
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Kapil,
Under the Campaign Settings, you can select your Rotation Settings. I suggest 50/50. Once you launch the Experiment, yes, both Ads will continue to run until you stop the Experiment.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi vkore91,

Thanks for all your support.

Kapil M

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Should he expect from any X impressions , X/2 to go to one Ad and X/2 to the other, by using ACE ?

As in from 100 impression 50 to one Ad and 50 to the other ?