AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad budget consumed rapidly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My ad budget is consumed too fast to my liking, almost 60% consumed in the first 2 hours of the day though i' ve set show ads evenly in setting and hardly anything to show later, despite increasing budget. Is it a good thing, bad or ugly please? CTR is normal (despite keywords majorly being brad match), around 1.5%. So how can i spread the clicks more evenly without increasing budget further. How can I possibly let sanity prevail in such a situation. Quickly depleting budget makes me nervous a bit as it's not a paltry amount. Please suggest, looking forward. Thanks in advance

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad budget consumed rapidly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... Interesting; 

I would start by looking at the search terms report and verifying that clicks are always from queries relevant to the service/ product you are promoting

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ritu, how long have you been running the Campaign?  Are you using any bid strategy (Conversion Optimiser, CPA targeting, etc.)?  How often have you changed the budget?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for responding gentlemen, well Cobnut campaign is 2 year old baby...I am using manual bidding (enhanced CPC) and change bids as I analyze them, no CPA, No CPA targeting as such. Budget change is not frequent either.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Ritu,

If I could jump in here, few things I could think of in your case:-

1. E-CPC: There is a possibility that using Enhanced CPC (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?hl=en) might have increased the max. CPC for your keywords and that could go up to 30% higher as explained in the help center reference. So, try to look at your Keywords Report and if you find that your Average CPC is generally higher than your Max. CPC, then this is something to relate to eCPC bidding methodology you are using.

2. I am not sure if you have been using Ad Scheduling, but try to get the Hour of the Day Report and see which time period actually makes sense for your account. Based on that try to implement Ad Scheduling. Make sure the campaign type is the one which supports ad scheduling (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en)

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Pankaj, yes generally Av CPC of most keywords is over the Max bid that I have set....what is like outcome of changing bid strategy from eCPC to manual CPC ? WIll that push the av cost of keywords down a bit? Thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Ritu, if the Campaign is two years old, has it only recently started this unusual spending pattern?  What changes were made shortly before it started?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits