AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad average position on top

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I am running and ad for chemical company. They want to be on top in Ads, means they want their ad should display on top on google.co.in.

Right now i have set the budget 850 Rs. and average cpc is18 rs while the ctr is around 6.54% and average position is 2.3. and the target location is India and i created 6 ad copies for around 70 to 90 keywords.

Please advice what should if do to make the average position 1

Thanks

Gagan

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad average position on top

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
1. raise your cpc without changing your ad(s)
2. make your ad(s) even more relevant, i.e. closely match your landing page, without raising your cpc
3. start using remarketing lists for search ads, without changing your ad(s) or cpcp

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Bump up your bid just a little bit more and monitor closely.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Add the Estimated First position bid column to the adwords dashboard to get an idea for the estimation and then bid based on it.
To get this column, Go to keywords Tab(within particular campaign or for all the campaigns) >> column sub-tab >> modify columns >> Attributes >> select Est. First position bid >> apply.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Gagan, first of all if you have already enough amount of data and enabled conversion tracking I would suggest to check Top vs Other report to see which position is already giving you a great CTR. 

Maybe it would be more profitable to bid on 2 position or simply use conversion optimizer since average position is not always the key metric to take care off.

Anyway if you need to be on specific position the best way to do that would be using automated rules or/and bid to position script. 

@Jon_Gritton has shared his script which you can find in this thread https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Need-an-AdWords-Script-that-adjus...

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Focus on quality score its important. your ad should be more relevant to ad-group keywords and text ads.
Increase your max cpc at ad-group level it will work as i did it for some campaign..

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

@Vandana S there is no ad.group budget 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yep..corrected the sentence Smiley Very Happy