AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Targeting list conflict with Display Network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am new to Adwords.  Your guidance is much appreciated.

I have three campaigns set up.

1. Search Network Only 

2. SNDS 

3. SNDS with Target Placements.

Question #1: When I tried to add Target placements on #3, there is a list of websites showing along with anonymous webpages.  Is this the same websites from Display Network? If so, why would one want to add them again if it's already included in Display Network?

Question #2: For the specific websites I've listed, will my ads run on them?  I don't understand if those websites would run outside ads such as from Google Display Network.  So is this consider a gamble?  Hope that those website would run Google Display/Partner page?

Please advise.

Thank you

Ines

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author InesK
September 2015

Re: Ad Targeting list conflict with Display Network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @InesK;

This  is a nice question;

A few points to remember

• If you are comfortable with setting a full display camapign  - I would recommend to abandon the SNDS.
  •  The SNDS is aimed towards advertisers who either don't want to set a full display campaign (with all its complexity) or don't have enough budget for a separate display campaign.
  • SNDS primary targeting method is keywords. I would not recommend to add placements  on SNDS - if you wish to target by placements  - set a full display campaign. (And indeed, the list of placements  you see is taken from the classic placements targeting list,  used on the display network.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author InesK
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @InesK;

This  is a nice question;

A few points to remember

• If you are comfortable with setting a full display camapign  - I would recommend to abandon the SNDS.
  •  The SNDS is aimed towards advertisers who either don't want to set a full display campaign (with all its complexity) or don't have enough budget for a separate display campaign.
  • SNDS primary targeting method is keywords. I would not recommend to add placements  on SNDS - if you wish to target by placements  - set a full display campaign. (And indeed, the list of placements  you see is taken from the classic placements targeting list,  used on the display network.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV.

As for my second question on the original post, we can literally list any website and it would display our ad? I find it not possible since many sites would not allow outside ads such as from Google Display Network. Therefore, it's a gamble that placement would not work for sites that don't take ads. Am I understand this correctly? Can you confirm?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again @InesK;

Only sites that are part of the Google display network will show ads submitted by AdWords.

Use the display planner to  check available ad formats when targeted by an AdWords  display campaign.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Sir,

What do you mean by Set a Full display campaign? Please explain & let me know how to set.

Is it possible that impr decreases as we set targeting to target and bid only?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@dhaval a;

A full display campaign means "all features"