AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Schedule for Re-Marketing Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team,

Have a Good Day!

Please tell me why we can't to create Ad schedule for Re-Marketing campaign.

Note: Now only this feature is disabled previously we can to create ad schedule for that.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ad Schedule for Re-Marketing Campaign

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not contradict your solution, I started my message 7 with "Yes" meaning "Yes you are right".

I simply mentioned that there is no obligation to switch campaign type in this case, as I think it will make management more complicated.

I find your solution as like asking users to upgrade to Windows 8.1 when they "Start" button dissapears from "Windows 7". No the start button is there in both variants, you just have to find it.

"So, sir wise one, if you were to offer this guy a solution to change his ad schedule right now, what would it be? Wait till the bug gets resolved doesn't help today now does it?"

Sure, I hope that this will convince you that I do not "want to be right" , I just wanted to present a different approach, that does not complicate management as much as switching to "All features" does.

Yes there is a way to modify schedule bid adjustments even if the "Ad schedule" button is not visible : click on "All online campaigns" , on Settings and now all the settings for all campaigns are visible.

Then filter the campaign by name to get down to the remarketing campaign, so now the ad schedule is visible even for the "Display Only - Remarketing" and bid adjustments can be made .

I have thought : does he have something to lose by changing campaign types back and forth ?

1) By moving to "All features" the campaign settings become more vast and the chances for setting up some wrong targeting increase. I would not recommend it not even for a temporary fix ,but different people think in different ways.

2) By changing the campaign type back from "All features" to "Remarketing" later is even not recommended by google , as seen in this screenshot below . So if he applies this "switch to all features" as a temporary fix, makes some changes and switches back to "Remarketing later, then what happens ?

changing-campaign-type.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kalirajan,

In your settings tab for this campaign, if you're not seeing the 'Ad Schedule' tab you may need to adjust your campaign type from "Display Network only - Remarketing' to "Display Network Only - All Features".

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tommy

Thanks for your reply

Previously i selected Campaign Network is "Display Network only-Remarketing" and that time i created Ad schedule but now the Ad schedule tab is disabled.
One more thing if i select "Display Network Only-All Features" means its not Re-Marketing campaign and its act like Display campaign.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

A remarketing campaign is simply a campaign that targets an audience...if you don't add additional targeting methods, you'll still have a remarketing campaign, but additional features and options on how to adjust your campaigns.

Google offers these "restricted" forms of campaigns to simplify the setup and management. What you're looking to do by adjusting your ad schedule, it more advanced and therefore you need to have all features enabled.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy, this is probably a bug which I also encountered.

The tech support told me it will be fixed by next week and that many more accounts experience this problem.

Also in the Dynamic Search Ads I cannot change the schedule. I have posted this thread :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Scheduling-option-disappeared-from-DSA-and...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
HI Adrian,

It did seem odd to me but I never put anything past Google - all of my "All Features" remarkeitng campaigns have the Ad Scheduling options still available so I offered a potential solution.

Well - there you go. Smiley Happy

-Tommy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but Scheduling (the "Ad schedule" button) is available also in the "Display Only - Remarketing" campaign type.

It is not necessary to switch to "All features" just to have bid adjustments set by schedule, as indicated by "therefore you need to have all features enabled"

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You know Adrian,

My post (Message 6) was so very far from debating what you had to say. In fact, I said, it did seem odd to me, hence recognizing that ok, a bug, that makes sense.

I'm here simply to try and help people - your last post (Message 7), while not helpful in the least is combative, clearly with some other motive than to be helpful. Perhaps just to be "right"?

Great, you found a bug, good job Adrian. You feel better about yourself now?

Stop being so nipicky about every single word people post here Adrian - I didn't offer bad advice, it is a potential solution.

When I checked my campaigns - I didn't see the tab in remarkeitng only campaigns - I did see it in all features campaigns - I didn't run to call Google to check - changes happen, bugs happen, if he wants to make changes to his ad schedule today - the solution I offered is a potential way to get it done. You can run remarketing campaigns with All features enabled.

So, sir wise one, if you were to offer this guy a solution to change his ad schedule right now, what would it be? Wait till the bug gets resolved doesn't help today now does it?

After all of the interactions I've witnessed, all of your back and forth battles with people. The insults, the accusations etc... I still try to give you the benefit of the doubt because those interactions are not with me, personally. I actually go out of my way to treat you with respect, engage with you in a positive manner and encourage positive interactions with you. This is what I get in return?

Much appreciated bro.

-Tommy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not contradict your solution, I started my message 7 with "Yes" meaning "Yes you are right".

I simply mentioned that there is no obligation to switch campaign type in this case, as I think it will make management more complicated.

I find your solution as like asking users to upgrade to Windows 8.1 when they "Start" button dissapears from "Windows 7". No the start button is there in both variants, you just have to find it.

"So, sir wise one, if you were to offer this guy a solution to change his ad schedule right now, what would it be? Wait till the bug gets resolved doesn't help today now does it?"

Sure, I hope that this will convince you that I do not "want to be right" , I just wanted to present a different approach, that does not complicate management as much as switching to "All features" does.

Yes there is a way to modify schedule bid adjustments even if the "Ad schedule" button is not visible : click on "All online campaigns" , on Settings and now all the settings for all campaigns are visible.

Then filter the campaign by name to get down to the remarketing campaign, so now the ad schedule is visible even for the "Display Only - Remarketing" and bid adjustments can be made .

I have thought : does he have something to lose by changing campaign types back and forth ?

1) By moving to "All features" the campaign settings become more vast and the chances for setting up some wrong targeting increase. I would not recommend it not even for a temporary fix ,but different people think in different ways.

2) By changing the campaign type back from "All features" to "Remarketing" later is even not recommended by google , as seen in this screenshot below . So if he applies this "switch to all features" as a temporary fix, makes some changes and switches back to "Remarketing later, then what happens ?

changing-campaign-type.png

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Adrian,

You're upgrade comparison is interesting, it made me chuckle - really, it's just a click of a button though.  If the OP is running any other display campaigns or search campaigns - these "advanced features" will not be all that unfamiliar and challenging. We don't have to agree - that's not what's important here.

Here's a friendly tip on how you can be more helpful to people...my main goal here.

When you're quoting me here for instance in your post:

It is not necessary to switch to "All features" just to have bid adjustments set by schedule, as indicated by "therefore you need to have all features enabled"

Had you actually included your suggestion (which is actually great by the way) and/or alternate solution - that would have completely changed the tone and perception of your post - I likely would have agreed, applauded you and suggested the OP check it out, because in all honesty, it's a great idea and exactly what he's looking for. But for some reason you didn't...and I don't know why.

Unfortunately, as it stands, there's no value to your response other than to make a statement or a point than what I posted is not the case. Can you see how that's not helpful to anyone? I don't need the help - my campaigns are fine. I also have no problems with the fact that I'm not always correct, and I have no issues at all about admitting that. You know what that's okay - there are no rules here about being correct 100% of time. What I can promise you though is my intention first and foremost is always to try and help the users on this community and provide potential helpful solutions, comments or resources to their queries. 

Personally, I don't feel the same as you or Google about changing campaign types but that's neither here nor there. You offered a great solution that I hope works for the OP. That's all I really care about.

Cheers!

-Tommy