6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Rotation Recommendation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just created a new ad in one of my ad groups that I would like to test. I beleive this ad will have a higher relevancy than the current ad. I was wondering what would be the best ad rotation setting to use? The setting is currently on the default "optimize for clicks", but would I be better off choosing "rotate evenly" since I have no previous CTR data on the new ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam W
September 2015

Re: Ad Rotation Recommendation?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If you want unbiased A/B test for both ads then you should keep it as Rotate Evently. As this setting would give fair chance for each ad to have clicks with similar # of impressions. 

This will help you in deciding winner based on pure numbers and not on human perspectives.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I set all my ads to rotate evenly - do not optimise.

Otherwise testing new ad copy is skewed. Some of these automatic settings are for people who like to set it and forget it. Not ideal - you soon see one ad getting 99% of the traffic because it got a couple more clicks than others early on....

To get true A/B tes numbers you need to make sure that as many other things are equal.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If you are testing new ad i would recomend to go for Rotate Evenly coz that way you will be able to get equal share on both ads and would be able to know which ad is performing better