AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Rotation : Optimize for Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does changing the AdRotation settings to Optimize for Clicks provides us with more Clicks than our Average Daily Click Rate ??

Is it advisable to switch to Optimize for Clicks. If the main focus is on driving clicks to the website ..?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Ad Rotation : Optimize for Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asif S if the main focus of your Campaign is to generate clicks then yes, you should probably use "Optimise for Clicks".  Whether this will result in more clicks than you currently see will depend upon the structure of your Campaign and previous performance.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asif S if the main focus of your Campaign is to generate clicks then yes, you should probably use "Optimise for Clicks".  Whether this will result in more clicks than you currently see will depend upon the structure of your Campaign and previous performance.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Optimize for Clicks works best if there is already substantial data - dozens of clicks from hundreds of impressions, for each ad.

Google will then show the ads with a lower historical CTR less often, and those with a higher historical CTR more often. This should increase your average CTR going forward.

Or you could just manually pause the ads which are performing poorly, and write new ads which are variations of the ads that are performing well. This would be preferable if you account doesn't have a lot of ads.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon, May I ask a question here? I am a plumber and try to do my own adword campaigns, but the deeper I go the more confused I get. What should I do to generate clicks? Right now I am at a point where I just want to give all up for a bad job. I am seeking help all over but it just seems to get jus more complicated. Where , what or how should I go about to optimize my CTR
Help Please
John

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.