AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Relevancy Improvement

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I have a question related to ad relevancy. I am doing Ad-words for a site which rent party items online. Now, there are number of items that they rent, hence the keywords for each item are more in number. Now I can not have separate ad groups for those keywords, since they are not so tightly themed so sometimes different ad shows for different keywords(as per CTR). Please help to overcome this.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay K
December 2015

Re: Ad Relevancy Improvement

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay,

You should create separate ad groups for different products. Having a tightly themed ad group structure is very important for success in AdWords. Creating tightly themed ad groups will help you to write specific ads. If you gave product specific ad groups, you will be able to promote each product with product specific ads, with specific price, discounts and offers. This will help you to improve your CTR. An improved CTR will help to improve Quality Score and this will reduce your average cost per click and total spend.

With these specific ads you will be able to use product specific landing pages (always better than sending all visitors to a single generic landing page) and this will improve your conversions.

So it is better to restructure your account with tightly themed product specific ad groups, ads and landing pages. It will be a tough task, but it will help you to monitor product specific performance and improve your overall account performance.

Find more information about structuring your AdWords account here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704396?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

Deepak

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

It would be more advisable to have separate ad groups if those products have distinct differentiators. However, if they do not have, it's better to use Dynamic Keyword Insertion to achieve more on Ad Relevance. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay K
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay,

You should create separate ad groups for different products. Having a tightly themed ad group structure is very important for success in AdWords. Creating tightly themed ad groups will help you to write specific ads. If you gave product specific ad groups, you will be able to promote each product with product specific ads, with specific price, discounts and offers. This will help you to improve your CTR. An improved CTR will help to improve Quality Score and this will reduce your average cost per click and total spend.

With these specific ads you will be able to use product specific landing pages (always better than sending all visitors to a single generic landing page) and this will improve your conversions.

So it is better to restructure your account with tightly themed product specific ad groups, ads and landing pages. It will be a tough task, but it will help you to monitor product specific performance and improve your overall account performance.

Find more information about structuring your AdWords account here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704396?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi....I have 30 different items, so do you mean to say create 30 ad groups so that they will be tightly themed? I don't its solution as its too much work. DKI is one of the solution but then what about landing pages??

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay,

Ideally you should create separate product specific ad groups.

Yes it is hard work. But it will help you and your advertiser immensely in the long run.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay K,

There are no short cuts to success. DKI sounds like a great idea, but it is more complicated than it seems. I never recommend DKI for beginners. Creating 30 ad groups takes time and work, but in the long run it will pay off for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@petebardo.. I am not saying that I don't want to work hard for solution I am just trying to find out smarter solution. Anyways, if creating separate ad groups is the only solution then i will go with this.
Thanks to all

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay K,

I didn't mean to imply anything by that. I do think separate ad groups will work out better for you.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords