Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Relevance Below Average

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Well my problem is regarding ad relevance. I have a keyword wih a CTR of 7.53% but the QS still remains 3 and the reason for this is cited as a below average ad relevance. I have done all I can to make the ad relevant to the keyword and the ad group houses tightly themed keywords. Can someone help me out with this please?

What is ad relevance? Does ad relevacen take into account the keyword density on the landing page? Is there a set formula for avoiding a ad relevance penalty. The communities help on this matter would be much helpful.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Ad Relevance Below Average

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adroit,

Ad relevance is a keyword status that measures how closely related your keyword is to your ads. While it is often times advantageous if the keyword appears both in the ad copy and a few times on the Landing Page, I would not say that keyword density in particular is a factor.

In regard to your initial QS the Google-wide performance of former advertisers is what the algorithms rely on at the beginning. However, if you manage to maintain your excellent CTR value your scores will gradually change, over time. 

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

In addition to spot on response by TC Lakatos above, I would like to emhasize on the fact that improvement in the Quality Score is a slow and gradual process. You should not expect a rise in it all of a sudden. 

If you happen to work on your CTR continuously and make sure that it remains at par excellence, there are chances of improvement in terms of Quality Score as well.

I would like you to read this excellent user article by TC Calin, which goes all the way explaining the truth behind Quality Score.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow..that was a relief as most of my ads show ad relevance as below average inspite of high CTRs. Thanks a lot for your quick feedback.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj. Your feedback was much helpful.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@ adroit281980, you are most welcome Smiley Happy