AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Ranking above average with below-average CTR?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi how are you,

I have a situation I dont know how to understand: For a keyword with QS of 7/10, the diagnose tells me that the expected CTR is below average whereas at the same time the Ad relevance is above average.

Provided that the base for this is (if I understood correctly) the KWs relation/proximity in the triangle of ad-page-kw, then I don´t fully understand how can it be that CTR is below and Ad relevance above.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Have a great day!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Ranking above average with below-average CTR?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Arturo,

Ad relevance is not only determined by CTR. Ad relevance could just be something as simple as if you are talking about the query searched exactly in your ad and Landing page. that makes the ad relevant. But this doesn't necessarily mean that your CTR is good. If your bid/ad position is low, you are more likely to have a below average CTR. But that again, doesn't mean that your ad isn't relevant.

Hope that made sense!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I'd just like to add that over time, if your CTR doesn't improve, AdWords may think that your ad isn't relevant enough and reduce your quality score eventually.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

1 thing that I would like to add on @ShroffS post,
1 reason for a low CTR is the keyword match type, a loose match type will trigger the ads for irrelevant searches also and users may not interested to click your ad which in turn increase the impressions count only, reducing the CTR.

Must use negative KW with loose KW match types.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’