AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Rank clarifications

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I need some clarifications about Ad Rank. I know that the Ad position depends on Ad Rank. But I encountered a problem. In Adwords account is "below first page estimated" and when I try to see my ad through Ad Preview tool my Ad isnt showed because of the low Ad Rank. But there are only 2 Ads at this particular keyword. So why isnt my ad showed? Is there smt like "minimum Ad Rank" which I have to get in order to accomplish showing my ad? It just doesnt make sense.

Thanks

here is a screenshot

zinc_tablets.JPG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Rank clarifications

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lukas - Indeed there's something like a mimum ad rank. It may be that your ads are not eligible for display on the firts page, most likely due to a low quality score. Quality score is a measure of how useful and relevant your keyword, ad and landing page are to a user.

Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4HE6KC7AsTw for some quick lessons on how to improve on this.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Okey, but why isnt my ad showed at all? Eg. at the 2nd/3rd page. Thats the main problem. And who determines minimal Ad Rank?
Example:
Three advertisers:
1. AdRank = 100
2. AdRANK = 30
3. AdRANK = 0.05
I thought that all three would show at the 1.st page according their AdRanks. Now I realized that the third advertiser wont show at all. It is very strange.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas, the key here is that Google tries to control the display of Ads so that those shown meet certain standards of "quality", by their definition.  So, as you've seen, even if there are only three Ads, if one or more of those three don't meet a required minimum standard they won't be shown at all.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
In other words : there is a threshold the ad must meet to appear.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Okey. So we can say that this is a way how google tries to keep relevance of search results, right?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Correct!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
But then there is a big problem. Because if I raise my max CPC tenfold, suddenly the ad becomes highly relevant and will be shown. I would understand that process which you all described in previous posts, if I had to change ad text/landing page or smt like that.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Relevancy is not influenced by your max. CPC, so raising bids is generally not the way to go. Indeed, you will have to start looking into things like your ad text and landing page quality.

Again, check this link on how to improve your quality score, AdWords' indicator for relevance (which does NOT include CPC) : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404196

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Okey, I give up.  Keyword "zinok tablety" has QS 3/10 (I know that it is pretty low and probably that is the reason why my ad isnt showed regardless the max CPC) and CTR=4.26%. But when I tried to search for "zinok kupit tablety" my keyword +zinok +tablety (which has QS also 3/10 and max CPC is even lower and has CTR=0% because I added it recently) triggered my ad. My mind just blew up Smiley Very Happy

Here is a screenshot.

+zinc_+tablets.JPG