AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Rank After Pausing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

My google ad has been performing really well, then last week I paused the compaign as i went on holiday so i wasnt available to provide my service. I enabled the ad again yesterday morning and it came back on when searched using google then it started dropping in rank until at 1 point it didnt come up at all. Its coming up on search but no where near it was before. 

Is there a delay when ive re enabled it and is this because there has been no activity on my site ?

Thanks

Jon

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad Rank After Pausing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @deargeek,

Check the comparative ad positions, QS and bids, might be the bids need to be increased to improve the ad rank and get the same ad position as it was earlier.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Ad Rank After Pausing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers R Star
My bid stratergy was inactive Smiley Sad Ive adjusted so will see how it goes today
Thanks

Ad Rank After Pausing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Great!!

If its a smart bidding(Target CPA), you might be failing the criteria of minimum conversion due to which the performance is downgraded.

You can go with any other bidding strategy until you fulfill the conversion criteria.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Ad Rank After Pausing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

AdWords is a system which "behaves" / "prefers"  a steady state. Taking the system "at once"  / in sharp steps out of a steady state could  cause variable(s) and   performances  diverge and drop. I would not make frequent changes (e.g. Pause / enable).  It could cause the system performance to diverge. If you wish to lower traffic for a while,  then lower the budget, or use campaign scheduling, and set a pause and re-activated dates, in advance.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’