2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Quality Score and Age of Ad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is it better to keep a well-perfoming ad running for a longer period of time than it is to have a price-point oriented ad running for a shorter periods of time? To put it another way, does an ads history have a bearing on how well it will do? Our discounts change every month. It seems just as soon as an ad starts picking up steam it is time to change the discount rate again. The ads I am talking about are re-targeting ads on the display network. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Ad Quality Score and Age of Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PennyH,

An ads history is taken into consideration with regards to quality score but you need to determine whether an ad with better history will outperform an ad with a better price-point. If your discounts sometimes revert to original ones then you can re-utilise those ads which have the good historical feedback, just be sure not to overwrite them and always create new ads.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PennyH,

An ads history is taken into consideration with regards to quality score but you need to determine whether an ad with better history will outperform an ad with a better price-point. If your discounts sometimes revert to original ones then you can re-utilise those ads which have the good historical feedback, just be sure not to overwrite them and always create new ads.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I'd have to agree with Scott here. Make sure to just pause you're old ads and duplicate them with new pricing. You may end up with quite a few ads but it's worth keeping the historical data for each one.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Never edit or overwrite as Scott has pointed out, better pause them as it is. I am not sure of what i am going to say, maybe some exp member should verify it. ---If your displays in top three positions you can try using sitelinks where you can put present discounts. You can keep main ad copy same. My doubt is whether changing sitelinks equates to changing ad copy if ad copy is not touched. I don't think it will be that simple.

-ujji