AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool Not Showing My Add

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi team.

I am having issues with Ad Preview Tool.

It is not showing my add but it tells me that ad is running. It does not show competitors add neither, just organic scores.

My location is set correctly and Quality scores on my key words are 9/10 and 10/10.

I know that add is running. I can find it in Google search but it is hard to keep track of it if I can not see it in ad preview.

I did call Google Support and after 2 days of investigating they call me back to tell me that it is normal.

However id does not sounds normal to meSmiley Happy

I would like to hear more opinions if possible regarding my case as I would really like to use that tool.

By checking it in Google search I am just lifting Impression Numbers and I could lower my Quality score.

Thank you in advance

Adam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adam,

If you keep on searching for your ad again and again on live Google search, the search engine might think that the results you are seeing are not relevant and instead shows you different results. That could result in showing your ads less number of times.

Other than this, I believe ad preview tool is working fine and not much of the issues I have seen at my end if you select the appropriate settings.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I think google thinks that some malware triggers traffic from your ip. I have had that problem. Go to browser window and type something to search in. After you should tick to confirm that your are not a Robot. This should resolve the issue. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Definitely everything set up correctly on my end. 

It does tell me that add is showing for keyword but it won't show it. It wont show any google ad, not just mine. It shows only organic search.

I went through my settings with person form Google Help via  Share Screen just to make sure that everything is set correctly.

She did admit that it is strange and probably something on their end.

Next day she called me to tell me that it is normal and it will start working eventually and that I should follow columns Impression, Clicks, CTR and average position instead.

It did not start working jet so it does strike me that Google Help Center  is not quite capable of dealing with problems, at least not with my oneSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Przemyslaw

Thank you for your reply, but I did not understand your reply quite.

When you say browser window do you mean google search?

I am asking as whatever I search for something I was never asked to tick anything to confirm that I am not an boot.

Only time I am asked that is when I have to submit posts on some forums.

Unless that there is some search setting that I am not aware of?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I see. I am sorry I think i can't help. It seems to be different problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adword ad not show on Google search