Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Positions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm finding that my ads are showing up at the bottom of the search results page. I've just spoken to a Google Representative and have been told there is nothing I can do about this issue.

It can happen when I'm the only advertiser and my ads are in position 1 (even though they physically appear at the bottom of the page). Quality Score is 7.

Have I been informed correctly? And if not is there anything I can get my ads showing up at the top of the physical results page.

I'm no expert in Adwords and use it to get leads for my small business.

Very many thanks in advance.

Laurence

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Positions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Laurence,

Well it's not true that you can't do nothing about it. in 99% of cases you need to outbid your competitors to show up in higher position ( By saying outbid Im not only talking about keywords bids , Im talking about your overall QS)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laurence W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Adding to @Nisal L's answer:

Google usually sets a threshold of QS  and  / or Ad-rank  for the ad to  be shown. (Which Google does not disclose). Most users are familiar with this condition for the ads above the search results. However, this also applies to the ads on the side. If the threshold does not meet, then, the ad  either will not be shown or will slip down to the bottom...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Nisal L, your reply is very much appreciated. I've since dug deeper into Adwords and, I think, now have a better understanding of how to get my ads above the search results. Seems like some Google representatives might need to do the same research!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much MosheTLV, your reply is very much appreciated. I think I've got to the bottom of this with help from your post and others on this forum. I will be trying out a number of things this week and next that I hope will fix the issue.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Laurence W;

You are welcome!

Please do come back after collecting  data,  and update us.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, will do. Thank you.