3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Position

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In my Campaign I chose Automated Bid Strategy Maximize clicks and set 10-12 rupees bid for all keywords, then campaign performed average because the ad position was above 3 or somewhere between 3.5. And average CPC was 10. 

So in order to improve an ad position I switched over to Manual Bidding and increased the bid for all keywords according to adwords system, but adposition remained 3.5. And average CPC was 19.

Also, the quality score of most of the keywords was above 7. 

Thus, my question is why should i pay 17 When same ad position i get in 10? If in spite of good quality score, ad position is same even after increasing the bid amount. What could the reason behind the high CPC and constant Ad Position?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ad Position

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ad ranked is calculated every time a keywors participates in an auction.

Further, Keep in mind that an average could be a   misleading metric: what is the average of position 1 and 7? (One above the search results and the other at the bottom.)

Between the lines of your query I "sense" that you should increase the bid,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Ad Position

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV

I had increased the bid from 10 to 19 almost doubled prior amount but still ad position is same. And rank I check manually on different IP addresses. 
Quality score for most of the keywords are good. In addition, if i increase bid further then completely be a waste of money. 
Take Instance: If you get Beer for $5 dollar, then why would you pay extra? Only when you get premium brand right? But here my ad position remain same even after sucking up my pocket.

Ad Position

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Amit k;

Again. Average position should be measured  over at least more than 1000 impressions to conclude that reducing / lowering the bid does not make a difference.

Only if you have a solid database with a substantial number of impressions, only then your conclusion is correct.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Ad Position

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV

Yes, we have got more than 10000 Impressions. But still an ad position has not improved. What could be the reason @MosheTLV? Lowering the bid gives same position. However, i don't want to remain on lower ad position. 

Ad Position

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Amit k
Have you checked "impression share" matrix? If you see an increment in impression share that's because of your new manual CPC. So in your case Ad-Position is same but impression share is increased. Increase bid slowly like 10%, 20% and keep delivery method as standard. This will help you to get better ad-position with increment in impression share too.
This might help you.
Thanks

Ad Position

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@manoj j

Impression share increased but not much, is nearly 10%. Also  I had increased bid at least 30%. Delivery method is Accelerated which we always choose. If i opt for standard we already loose traffic, will further loose more. Our search lost impression share has increased too. 

Because of Ad position out 

Ad Position

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Check auction insight for  top of page share and outranking share.  I still under the impression that  you should higher the bid.