4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Position not improving even after increasing bids

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

As I increase bid by 10 to 20% for a certain keyword instead of improving ad position it decreases. Also, I have a decent quality score (above 7 or 7). What could be the reason?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Amit k,

Have you made the bid changes recently?

Please wait for a day and analyse the results by comparing with previous day stats.

Use can also work around the QS to acquire the higher positions with lower CPC bids.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Archit

Not new changes I made,  instead I made changes 3, 4 days ago and Whenever I make changes I face this. 
I have quality score of 6, 7 how can i improve further from 7, to 9 or 10 without making changes in landing pages. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I would recommend to further bifurcate you ad groups with more tight theme and try including keywords in the ads.

A/B test with the ad copies.

Use all possible ad extensions that you can implement.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Archit

I am using all possible extensions and also using keywords in ads. As far as theme as concerned i have 2 to 4 keywords in many of my adgroups. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Archit

Can I take same keyword in difference match type? Like BMM and Phrase? If taken, do i need to put phrase match keyword in BMM as negative. 
For Instance: Keyword is IVR 
Can i take IVR in BMM and Phrase also?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

A possible reason is that your competitors increased their bids. They could be using scripts that react to position changes.

Or a competitor started running a new ad that is more compelling than yours...

Re: Ad Position not improving even after increasing bids

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Can I take same keyword in difference match type? Like BMM and Phrase? If taken, do i need to put phrase match keyword in BMM as negative. 
For Instance: Keyword is IVR 
Can i take IVR in BMM and Phrase also?

If the keywords have good traffic then you can go with different ad groups based on the keywords match types and using the keywords as negative in exact match for phrase match keywords ad group and using keywords as negatives in exact and phrase in BMM match keywords ad group.

Else, you can use all the match types in the same ad group and bidding highest on exact match type and lowest on BMM for the same keyword.

Note: Keywords match types work effectively for 2+ terms keywords.

Keep an eye on estimated bid for top page and first position and use your cpc bids accordingly or use any automated bidding strategy.

Ad Rank is recalculated each time your ad is eligible to appear and competes in an auction, so your ad position can fluctuate each time depending on your competition at that moment.

As mentioned by @RobSkelton, the competitors' bidding strategy and bid adjustments is a major factor that may fluctuate your ad position.

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Archit

The first strategy is known as triangulation method which I had tried but failed to get good number of impressions, clicks and conversion. 
Here I have one word keyword which is IVR, and it is only keywords in this theme. So , how can i use in better way. This keyword covers many keywords related to my business.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

I would recommend you to use the Keyword planner tool to find more relevant keywords to your business and services.

What you do with the IVR, do you sell the software?

So think of the keywords that are conversion oriented and get help with the Keyword planner tool to find other relevant terms.

Regards