Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Position..how do I move it up?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are two main ways - bid more - but that's obvious - and improve your Quality Score - this is the one to work on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve..Im a newbie on this...so the next stupid question is how do I work on the Quality score?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's not a stupid question - it's the thing that underlies the whole AdWords platform. It determines how much you pay for your ads to appear in the position they appear - and it explains why you might have to pay much, much more to ge tthe top position in the "auction" than a competitor.

Essentially it is Google's way of "valuing" your keyword. The more relevant the keyword is your web page the higher the quality score. And in the simplest of terms, the higher your quality score, the more valuable your dollars are in the ad auction.

There is a lot to explain here - but the first thing you should do is go to your keywords and then edit the columns - and activate Quality Score - it's so important that Google chose NOT to activate it by default (makes no sense to me - but there you go).

and Google Quality Score...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I think I got it !...Thanks for the assist..I appreciate it !!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok, do i hvae this right ?basically if the keywords get high quality score, even if the bid is lower it can still move up..but if a competitor is using the same keywords, and have same high quality ratings..BUT they bid more..their ad moves up above mine?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

That's about it - yes... the ad position is decided in an "auction" - but your money is "multiplied" by your QS (not exactly that, but you get the idea)