Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Performance

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

The Stats for two ads in same adgroup are as follows :

ad no.1 ( New ad )  -   9 click   -   370 impression    3.2 position   CPC  Rs. 60.4

ad no. 2                       8 clicks  -  320  impression    4th  position  CPC Rs.  43.1

What conclusion we should draw from this

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Performance

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan

One more thing that we should consider is CPA if you are using that because ultimately its most important thing that a advertiser want whether in terms of sales, signups etc. etc.
The CTR for the ad no. 2 is better than the first ad and also their is considerable difference in avg. cpc as well where as avg. pos. in not to bad. So IMO, metrics available here i would recommend second ad as a better one.

My views!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
To me it appear as if the second variation is performing better but having said that it looks like you have a pretty small data set you are working with so I would recommend gathering more data before you make a final determination on what ad truly performs better.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jeewan,

The data set is small, and the most important metric, conversion rate (or CPA) is not present. I wouldn't even make a decision based on this little data or these metrics.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

Agreeing to what other have suggested here, I would also go for the second variant. The only positive side for the first ad is its position compared to the second one. And that's the reason why the latter has received lesser clicks and impressions. Otherwise, second ad is the clear winner in this race. It's better in CTR and spending. As suggested by Abhishek, you should also check on the conversion part to make better decision.

Kapil M