Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

1. I need support and help to select negative keywords for my ads. My ads display for all non releated keywords which is used by the customer to search.

Example :

I sell Golf Simulators. But when the customer use Golf Simulator Hall etc. My ads displayed for the search term.

2. I get lot of clicks, but no leads or sales.

So please help me how to sort this out.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Udhyakumar,

Welcome to the community...!

Which keyword match type do you use? broad, phrase, or exact

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

HI 

I think this really is because of match types you are using, and also partially because of not using negatives.

In your example if you are bidding on keyword Golf Simulators

• Broad match: then your ads will also show up for golf balls or aviation simulators, basically any word that contains either Golf  or Simulators
  • BMM(+Golf +Simulators): Then your ads will show up for Golf Simulators hall and also Golf hall Simulators, basically any word that contains Golf and Simulators in any order
  • Phrase match: Then your ads will show up for words like Golf Simulators hall, basically any word that contains "Golf Simulators" in that order and any words before or after that
  • Exact match: In this case your ads will show up only for "Golf Simulators" nothing after, between or before it. 

I would suggest that you should look at your match types closely and if there are typical words like hall which you dont want your ads to show up on then ad them to Negative keywords

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition to what Nik said, I would also like to emphasize on advanced keyword options which gives you the option of including or not including the plurals, misspellings etc...for exact and phrase match type keywords like this:

Keywords.jpg

Look at your search terms report and see if these misspellings or plurals are worth or not. If not, simply switch it off from the settings.

Also, go through this user article by Neha where she explains about the negative keywords and how you can use them:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Negative-Keywords-As-Important-as-Positive-Key...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thanks to one all for your response.

-  I use Broad Match and i have selected Include Plural etc.

I will try to change the settings and i will give a try.

Can you guys suggest how to have a healthy ad and from where i can start? We have lot of clicks and not even a single sale on the product.

Please suggest and thanks in advance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nik,

Please suggest which will be the best option according to your point of view.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I use broad.