4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad No Longer Showing Reviews and Star Rating but my competitor's ad is

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Ad, which can be searched under "Naples Realtors", for White Sands Realty used to show 5 stars and our "25" reviews to the right of the ad. Now there is nothing there. My competior, Dustin J. Beard, has an ad in the same category and it still shows his "17" reviews and stars.

Is this a Google test or something else? This started happening when my Google+ picture went up in some of the results and has 1 review attached to it. How can I get my numbe and stars to show next to the ad as they did before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad No Longer Showing Reviews and Star Rating but my competitor's ad is

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I know the other one has 17 reviews, but in the official extention page it says you need to have 30 reviews Smiley Frustrated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, there are 30 on mine, 17 on the competitions. Anybody know why mine don't show at all?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The reviews and ratings come from third party websites. If you remember where the reviews came from, check that they are still active on those websites. E.g. a product review may have come from Ciao, or Trustpilot, etc - so it may be the case that the reviews aren't being picked up from one or more of those sites and therefore your total has dropped.

When the review is made, it'll point (most often) to the home page of your site, so the ads linking to your home page should be the ones with reviews and ratings. Try removing social extensions, sitelinks and other extensions just incase there's too much to show with the ad.

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Another point is Trustpilot seem to be having an issue and duplicating feedback,one competitor yesterday had around 130 reviews and today 450,just looked on Trustpilot and indeed the reviews had no new reviews but they have duplicated the original reviews 2 or 3 times apart from the ones they've obviously made up,dont really know why Google allows this but hey who am I to argue but doesnt really show an unbiased result which is what Google should be about Smiley Frustrated

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hello Mcweber,

It sounds here like you are talking about Places reviews and not Seller Ratings.

Places reviews only show with AdWords Express ads currently. I ran a search and saw that your ad is non- AdWords Express while "Beard's" ads are AdWords Express. You can create an AdWords Express campaign to have Places reviews show up with your ads.

Best,

Nick