AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Group Experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I love the experiments feature, but it seems to only function on the campaign level. I'm trying to run a test using different landing pages, but this test only involves one ad group. In and of itself, going on the campaign level wouldn't the biggest deal in the world, other than some unnecessary navigation, but my main problem is that it won't let me run the experiment because of invalid URLs in several other ad groups within the campaign, which are paused and haven't even been running for months. I could take the ad group I'm trying to test and make it into a new campaign, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the experiments feature.. Is there a way to set up an experiment using just the ad group level? Or if not, how can I get around the Unable to Create message?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Group Experiments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Testing different landing pages (a/b test) is now part of the Analytics
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404033?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’