2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Delivery Method results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have any of you played with switching back and forth between standard and accelerated delivery?

Did you see any changes in CTR, amount of conversions, and conversion rate?

Interested to know. 

Thank you!!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ad Delivery Method results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Johnathan,

I wouldn't generally play around with these settings...
I would start of with standard delivery.. and then move to accelerated only if I am using ad scheduling...
so for example, If over a time period I see that my ads are performing well from say 1pm to 4 pm... I would run my ads only during that time with accelerated delivery so that i ensure that my ads show at that time...
Since ads show more frequently.. they will show to a larger audience during that time period... Since that time period is identified by me as well performing, I end up getting more clicks and better conversion rates...

I wouldn't use accelerated delivery if I wasn't sure of a time that I want my ads to show more often... because if the 1st half of the day doesn't work for me.. by the second half I may have no money left! Smiley Happy

Hope that makes sense!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Re: Ad Delivery Method results

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Johnathan,

ShroffS provided some helpful information. You may also want to check out this previous thread which discussed potentially using accelerated delivery to optimize campaign performance. 

I hope this helps.

Rachel

Ad Delivery Method results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Johnathan,

Since I switched to the accelerated method a week ago, my CTR has drop substantially. I am getting few clicks, few calls...I wonder what was your experience with accelerated method, and how did you overcome CTR problem?