Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Account structure optimization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys,

I have one account which includes all my search and display campaigns, however since our business is going bigger, We will need to expand our account and as a result i will have more than 50 campaigns on it, which is very hard to manage and optimize.

We have multiple campaigns based on the county + based on the language so our current structure look like this:

EN-UAE-A

EN-UAE-B

AR-UAE-A

AR-UAE-B

EN-KSA-A

EN-KSA-B

AR-KSA-A

AR-KSA-B

• AR: means this campaign has Arabic language keywords and ads.
  • EN: means this campaign has English language keywords and ads.
  • KSA and UAE is the abbreviation of the countries.
  • A and B is the common keyword which I am organizing my campaign based on

So since I am targeting around 8 countries x 2 languages x around 5 ad-groups on each campaign = around 80 different case, which makes it very hard to maintain.

My suggestion is Should I open a MCC account, and include 2 sub-accounts under it, each account for one language?

so each account will have the half of the numbers which i had before in my current account.

The new account structure will be like this:

• MCC Account:
    • Arabic Account
      • UAE-A
      • UAE-B
      • KSA-A
      • KSA-B
    • English Account
      • UAE-A
      • UAE-B
      • KSA-A
      • KSA-B

Do you think this is the a logical and good practice to break down the accounts based the language in able to manage them in a better efficient way? or will you suggest to break it down based on the country?

Thank you in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamad J
July

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Mohamad J,

Breaking down by language+target country would be ideal so that it is aligned with targeting. From your example, I guess that's how it is right now.

I'd like to add that clear naming convention, use of labels at all levels (campaign, ad group, keyword, ad copy) would help you simplify the chaos.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you have a single business spread across the globe, my opinion would be to stick to one account to avoid any policy related concerns. You can read more around the policy here which talks about abusing the ad network: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Ideally, you should be focusing more on quality related keywords and the structure that than on the quantity to get the best out of AdWords.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamad J
July

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Mohamad J,

Breaking down by language+target country would be ideal so that it is aligned with targeting. From your example, I guess that's how it is right now.

I'd like to add that clear naming convention, use of labels at all levels (campaign, ad group, keyword, ad copy) would help you simplify the chaos.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great thank you guys.