Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Account Structure

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I have a client which provides 3 services of Concrete spraying, Basement construction and Concrete repair, all of which covers a wide area.

I have current structured the account as follows....

Campaign                            Ad groups

Basement construction > London, Essex, Construction, Contractors

As you can see from the above, i have the service as the campaign, then ad groups of london and essex which contain keywords like ..

london basement construction 

essex basement construction

etc.

The target location is obviously all the same, as this is set at campaign level with radius targeting, but i exclude as a negative for the broader adgroups like construction which contains keywords like..

basement construction

basement cost

etc. This is so it doesn't corse duplicates.

I was curious if anyone disagreed with this structure?

I was also thinking about restructuring the account in the following way..

Campaign      Ad groups

London > Basement construction, concrete Spraying, Concrete Repair

Essex > Basement construction, concrete Spraying, Concrete Repair

If i was to structure this way i could adjust my budget for higher performing locations, set location target to that specific city / county, and also use broader keywords to find out new keyword ideas for that specific location.

Thoughts please Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

Terry

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Structure

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Terry,

Few things here:-

1. What is the need of restructuring the account again? Is it because the campaigns are not performing well or you just want to experiment.

2. In case you still want to restructure the account, you should replicate the website structure inside your AdWords account as well. Doing this would help you optimize the account with ease. More details around the structuring of account can be followed here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

It is more of an experiment really, i am fairly new to Adwords and was wondering if there was more of a recommended structure.

As to replicating website structure, this cannot be done due to their website currently being a 1 page website. (all keywords have their own designated landing page)

Hope this gives you a clearer understanding.

Kind Regards
Terry

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Oh ok!

So, how long you have been running the current account structure and how's the performance in terms of CTR, clicks, conversions (if any) etc...?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I haven't been running the new structure for very long but I'm eager to find a good structure, this is so i can push this structure throughout all the accounts i manage.

This is the 6th day of running the structure and i have the following metrics.

CTR = 1.40%
Clicks = 55
Conversion = 4
conversion rate = 7.27%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Terry,

I believe you have a very good performing campaign. But the best of observations are made at least after 15 days of the active campaign. For Conversion Optimizer, wait for at least 15 conversions made in last 30 days.

I still strongly believe that you should try the other way to structure your account as well which would be according to the website, even if it is a one pager. The structure of the website would help you structure the campaign as to what comes first. Services could be Ad Groups, if the Location is same for all.

Let us know what works the best for you. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Sakshi Gupta

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Terry,

I'll give you a different answer. You might be better off withthe 2 campaigns, one geo-targeted to London, the second to Essex. Within each campaign, 3 ad groups. It depends a bit on the accuracy of geo-targeting there.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Terry,

I favour the idea of using service as campaign. But also may I ask how much city do you actually target?

If it's only London & Essex you could be running 6 campaigns according to my experience:
1) London Service 1
2) London Service 2
3) London Service 3
4) Essex Service 1
5) Essex Service 2
6) Essex Service 3

This structure mix location and service altogether will be highly easier for you to manage a better performance. But if's too much cities, the workload is obvious for you, even if it will be more effective.

Thanks,
Jason
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry H
December 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks to everyone for their opinions. @Jason Zhang @petebardo @sakshi g @pankaj1782

I am going to let my current structure run over christmas and see how effective it is.

If this structure turns out to be unsuccessful, i will try some of your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Terry