AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

About Devices

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

I am running two same campaigns means same url,ads,keywords, and Device setting is "All Devices" in bot campaigns, but in 1st campaign i put my Ads in Mobile preference means (I click the Mobile check box) on all ads and in 2nd campaign I am not.

Are these campaign count in duplicate campaign or not?

Is my 1st campaign is call mobile campaign or not?

If yes we can say mobile campaign but device setting is "All Device". I have confusion can you please clear this? 

Thanks

Re: About Devices

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Lisa C,

exactly like you're saying. If you have two campaings and one is set to be display on ''all devices'' and second campaign have ads with Device preference = mobile, then these two campaigns are going to compete with each other.

Campaign one - showing on mobile, dektop, tablet
Campaign two - showing on mobile, desktop, tablet

You better create one campaign, ad group - 2 classic ads, 2 ads with mobile device preference, then it will work as intended. Classic ads will be trigger for search queries from tablets and desktops while ads with mobile device preference will be triggered by search queries from mobile device.

Alex

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alex,

Yes Fine, but I have created. Can you please tell me these campaigns are compete each other or not. My 1st campaign ads with mobile device preference is called Mobile Campaign or not? If Yes then what is the difference between All Device Setting (mobile, dektop, tablet) and ads with mobile device preference?

Thanks

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Yes Lisa, they do compete with each other. Mobile preference is only functional within that one ad group, where are classic ads together with ads with mobile preference. In this case mobile preference works.

This way you have two separate campaigns and all ads within your ad group are with mobile preference. But since you do not have any other ad there without mobile preference, this is not working and these ads are still being shown to anyone.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alex

I am unable to understand your reply. In my 1st campaign all ads with mobile device preference and In 2nd campaign don't, then how they compete with each other. Can you please explain with example. I will be thankful to you.

Thanks Lisa

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Hello Lisa C, sure I can give you an example:

• Campaign 1: All standard ads without device preference
  • Campaign 2: All ads with device preference

Result: still showing in all devices in both campaigns 1 and 2

So as you can see it doesn't work that way.

What you want to do is:

• 1 campaign with both standard ads without device preference + also ads with device preference

Result: Ads with device preference are going to be shown on mobile devices while standard ads on Desktops/Tablets.

In other words, it only work within a single ad group, not across multiple ad groups nor campaigns

The major condition to make this work is that you ad group has to contain both type of Ads.

More info here: Create a new text ad

Alex