Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

About Call Only Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Expert

I have created call only campaign first time today morning but till i did not get any click and Imp. my mostly keywords are Eligible & ads are approved. Where is the problem? Can you please tell me the problem? 

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: About Call Only Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Give it sometime because you created the campaign today only. If your ads are approved, then there shouldn't be any major issues.

Try adding some of the short generic keywords if you can because these ads will be running across the devices capable of making phone calls. And generally the users would type in short queries while looking for their services on mobile devices.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Pankaj makes a great point. Make sure that you check which keyword modifiers you are using. Even if you've found great exact or phrase keywords for search campaigns sometimes it's better to start off with a broad keyword match.
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lisa,

Can you diagnose the keyword by taking your mouse over to the bubble right above the "Eligible" status? It will show you the current status, whether showing or not with reason.

Eligible means "Keyword is active and can show ads. In some cases, your keyword might be marked as Eligible even though it isn't currently showing your ad. That's because your ad's appearance for an eligible keyword can be affected by your bid, Quality Score, or other factors." - Source

As the keywords were recently added it may take some time before showing.

Regards,

Ashish

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Ashish D, to the best of my knowledge, keyword diagnosis doesn't work for Call Only Campaign format and you get this if you try Smiley Happy

Call only.png

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

Yeah fine, but at least i get impression, but its also zero. please tell me where is the problem?

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, you are right Pankaj. I forgot that it's a call only campaign. Thanks for making things clear.

But I think we can at least check our ads in Ad Preview tool by selecting mobile devices, right?

Regards,
Ashish

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It's an interesting question Ashish. I did the same just now to verify things with one of my account, where I have separate campaign for desktops, separate for mobiles and a Call only campaign.

So the ad which was triggered was from the Mobile only campaign and not from Call only campaign in the account. Also, if we look at the ads we are creating for Call only campaign, they doesn't have any status bar attached to them. This gives an indication that we might not be able to use the Ad Preview Tool to check whether our Call only campaign ads are showing up or not.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. Is there any keyword in your account which is running only in Call Only Campaign and not present in Mobile/Desktop campaign? If yes, please check that keyword in Ad Preview, if it shows or not. Or you may try to search that specific keyword on Mobile itself, it should show there.

In my experience as well, I have not seen those ads on Ad Preview tool where we are showing phone number in the Title. So, the only way left is to check it on the Mobile device itself, Live.

Regards,
Ashish